Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

worth being a "peeping tom"?

3 posters

Go down

worth being a "peeping tom"? Empty worth being a "peeping tom"?

Post  Aniesa Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 am

Do any of you feel having him brown nose his neighbors was worth finding out about this potential murder case?

Aniesa

Back to top Go down

worth being a "peeping tom"? Empty Re: worth being a "peeping tom"?

Post  Michelle Lyn Luna Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 am

Personally, I'm on the fence. Of course, it is a wonderful thing that a potential murder case could have a better conclusion due to his peeping, but there is always the barely addressed possibility of if he is wrong. Clearly, Jefferies has a specific opinion of what has happened (and as viewers of his perspective, we agree with him), and hasn't budged despite evidence contradicting his beliefs. I believe it is an actual murder, but I can't help but wonder 'what if it weren't?' Jefferies would be just as passionate about it being a murder, and how badly could that turn out? Then my mind begins to question 'what if he weren't in a cast?' Would this peeping go beyond mere speculation and mild intrusion? Would he actually try to get into the house? Would he confront Thorwald? If it weren't a murder and he was still just as passionate that it was, how badly could he damage himself or Mr. Thorwald with such crazy accusations? Even without such, he has already damaged himself and his relationship by getting so caught up with the lives of others more than his own, and I just can't come to a conclusion yet as to if it is really worth it --especially because, just with what we have seen so far, even if Jefferies can see all and knows it's a murder, how the heck would he prove or convince others? If he can't nail Thorwald with more than his peeping, how is it remotely worth it?
Sorry for the tangents, I'm very inquisitive with this.

Michelle Lyn Luna

Back to top Go down

worth being a "peeping tom"? Empty Re:worth being a "peeping tom"?

Post  Katie Alanis Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:52 am

It seems as though Jeffries' character leans more towards the Consequentional aspect of things. For Example, he knew that if he were caught spying on his neighbor or at one point even trespassing that their would be consequences; however from his point-of-view he felt that he had a valid reason to subject to these conditions. He knew the circumstances if he were to get caught, yet it seems as though he was more concerned about turning Mr. Thurwald in for the sake of everybody else's well-being.

Katie Alanis

Back to top Go down

worth being a "peeping tom"? Empty Re: worth being a "peeping tom"?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum