Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Truman Show" and "Come and See"

4 posters

Go down

"The Truman Show" and "Come and See" Empty "The Truman Show" and "Come and See"

Post  Lauren Ortega Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:21 pm

"The Truman Show" and "Come and See" both are similar in ways of showing how people grow up. In The Truman Show, Truman grows up knowing only what the director wanted him to know. In Come and See, Florya finds out the war is not what he expected and is more tragic than he imagines. In both movies the characters aren't taught the realism of the outside world. The realism is too cruel for the characters in these movies, which causes them both to go insane. They both question what is real and what is not. Each film also has the same amount of close up shots. These shots are made to make you feel uncomfortable in which i felt while watching them both.

Lauren Ortega

Back to top Go down

"The Truman Show" and "Come and See" Empty Re: "The Truman Show" and "Come and See"

Post  danielavillalon Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:36 pm

When I read the question I didn't really think about the similarities. However, reading Lauren's response, I agree with her. They were both constrained from the reality of their situations and were not emotionally or mentally prepared. Therefore, their reactions/actions seemed to be wild.

danielavillalon

Back to top Go down

"The Truman Show" and "Come and See" Empty Re: "The Truman Show" and "Come and See"

Post  Jaime D. Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:23 am

In my opinion I see a before and after relationship between the movies "Come and See" and "The Truman Show". Let's put Truman in Florya's shoes as if this took place after he escaped from his "Garden of Eden". We could see Truman slowly breakdown and fall under the influence to all evils of the real world and from there, he would begin to truely develop and experience an actual adult life.

Jaime D.

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Alanis Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 am

I also agree, i believe that in order for a person to truly enter adulthood they must have to overcome the most challenging obstacles the world has to offer. In both movies, Truman and Florya both had to face pain, sadness, tragedy and all the evilness that comes with the world. However, towards the end you see a change in the two characters, they seem to be much stronger emotionally, mentally, physically, etc.

Katie Alanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down