Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come and See- Symbolic Death

3 posters

Go down

Come and See- Symbolic Death Empty Come and See- Symbolic Death

Post  Victoria C Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:02 pm

I think something might have died in him emotionally. Like, that part of him did not survive the coming-of-age process. After everything Florya had been through, his family being killed, witnessing his entire village burn in a building, and then the terror of being around all those Nazis, when Florya collapsed on the ground, he was so emotionally drained that he just cracked and didn't even have to strength to get up anymore. He was just lying in a broken heap on the ground, because I'm sure his mind and heart couldn't take or handle all that he had seen/been through. As he was lying there, he was probably numb and it was as if all the hope and joy and innocence that a young boy has was just sucked out of him and crushed into a bunch of pieces. The standard for a man in society is that he's supposed to be strong, not let his emotions take over, able to handle anything with a kind of macho appearance and posture. But Florya- he did not make it into that "manhood" emotionally because he wasn't able to handle anything anymore.

Victoria C

Back to top Go down

Come and See- Symbolic Death Empty Re: Come and See- Symbolic Death

Post  Admin Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Is it a coincidence that his gun broke around that time? I mean it could be.

Admin
Admin

http://mrhartscinemastudies.greatestboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Alanis Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:38 am

Admin wrote:Is it a coincidence that his gun broke around that time? I mean it could be.
I do not think that its a coincidence that his gun broke. I think Elem purposely put that scene in to symbolize Florya being mentally, physically and emotionally damaged towards the end of the film due of all the traumatic events he has had to overcome.

Katie Alanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum