Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come and See- The Torch

2 posters

Go down

Come and See- The Torch Empty Come and See- The Torch

Post  Victoria C Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:52 pm

First of all, I'm guessing the man is supposed to be on the Russian's side? Because if he is, I think that at first, the man running towards them with the torch is ready and willing to kill the Nazis he knew were there and was all fired up, but once he got there and saw the massacre take place, it was like a wake-up call to him that even though he thought he was ready and willing to take out some Nazis, once he got in the thick of things and actually SAW the bloody massacre, it made him go quiet and stop. And thus snuff out his torch, or the fire inside him to fight & be apart of the violence. I feel like this could be a parallel to the whole theme of innocence with Florya- Flo was so eager to dig up a gun and go to war and be a man, that once he actually experienced and saw with his own eyes the horror of murder and war, it stopped him in his tracks. Florya's "torch", or the fire inside him, was snuffed out as he became exposed & saw with his own two eyes all the brutality and killing going on.

Victoria C

Back to top Go down

Come and See- The Torch Empty Re: Come and See- The Torch

Post  michael perry Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Victoria C wrote:First of all, I'm guessing the man is supposed to be on the Russian's side? Because if he is, I think that at first, the man running towards them with the torch is ready and willing to kill the Nazis he knew were there and was all fired up, but once he got there and saw the massacre take place, it was like a wake-up call to him that even though he thought he was ready and willing to take out some Nazis, once he got in the thick of things and actually SAW the bloody massacre, it made him go quiet and stop. And thus snuff out his torch, or the fire inside him to fight & be apart of the violence. I feel like this could be a parallel to the whole theme of innocence with Florya- Flo was so eager to dig up a gun and go to war and be a man, that once he actually experienced and saw with his own eyes the horror of murder and war, it stopped him in his tracks. Florya's "torch", or the fire inside him, was snuffed out as he became exposed & saw with his own two eyes all the brutality and killing going on.
This idea is great! I would agree.

michael perry

Back to top Go down