Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kudos to Hitchcock

2 posters

Go down

Kudos to Hitchcock Empty Kudos to Hitchcock

Post  danielavillalon Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 pm

In class it was mentioned that we were manipulated by Hitchcock into Jeffries' point of view. I don't think I noticed until Thorwald looked directly at the camera. I remember I jolted. I was scared for Jeffries. Then Thorwald was heard to be going up Jeffries' building and the real tension commenced. I feared for his life. He was in a wheelchair, which limited him, so all I was thinking about was him being killed. I think that was the first time I have been that drawn into a character's point of view due to the fact that I couldn't seem to lose focus of the film or the actions of the characters.

danielavillalon

Back to top Go down

Kudos to Hitchcock Empty Re: Kudos to Hitchcock

Post  Amanda Hoeller Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:23 pm

danielavillalon wrote:In class it was mentioned that we were manipulated by Hitchcock into Jeffries' point of view. I don't think I noticed until Thorwald looked directly at the camera. I remember I jolted. I was scared for Jeffries. Then Thorwald was heard to be going up Jeffries' building and the real tension commenced. I feared for his life. He was in a wheelchair, which limited him, so all I was thinking about was him being killed. I think that was the first time I have been that drawn into a character's point of view due to the fact that I couldn't seem to lose focus of the film or the actions of the characters.

I totally agree with this. Also, I think that the reason why the movie is so interesting is because we have been shown Jeffries' point of view. It draws us in and makes us feel the way he is feeling. If we were given anyone elses point of view it would give the movie a way different feeling.

Amanda Hoeller

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum