Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasha Pull

3 posters

Go down

Glasha Pull Empty Glasha Pull

Post  Lauren Ortega Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 pm

When Glasha is pulling Florya around, Glasha is the one with the gun in her hands. I feel like in this scene Florya is still shown to be like a child who is playing with a little girl he has a crush on. Even though he has met a beautiful older girl and is now a soldier, he still doesn't know how to use a gun. By Glasha taking his gun away from him this shows Florya doesn't really care about helping people, it's just for show. When Glasha takes his gun, they are running through the forest like children chasing after eachother. This is another sign he is not ready to take on what the world has instore yet.

Lauren Ortega

Back to top Go down

Glasha Pull Empty Re: Glasha Pull

Post  melanieenda Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:29 am

i agree with lauren. It is showing that Florya has not reached his peek in maturity. He still is not "the man of the house" in a sense. If he was a full matured man, then he would have the gun and be leading Glasha to saftey. He would be one the protecting her, and notthe opposite like what had happen in the movie.

melanieenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Alanis Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:30 am

I also agree, i feel the director Elem uses this particular scene to help reference Florya's state of maturity at that particular moment in the movie. It seems as though Florya is unsure how to act around Glasha, so naturally he returns to his child like state of mind. Like Lauren had stated Florya playfully jokes around with Glasha like a little kid. However, perhaps because that might be what he is most comfortable with or maybe subconsciously he does not want to mature yet and have to face all the evilness arond him.

Katie Alanis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum