Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"I told you not to dig"

5 posters

Go down

"I told you not to dig" Empty "I told you not to dig"

Post  Ben Hart Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:25 pm

What do people think about the burnt villager named Pekhody saying, "I told you not to dig." ??

Ben Hart

Back to top Go down

"I told you not to dig" Empty Re: "I told you not to dig"

Post  Aniesa Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:38 pm

It was actually very difficult to watch, in my opinion. Not because he was burned to a crisp (or pretty darn close to it) but because of the fact that he did, indeed, tell Flor not to dig. The fact the he warned him several times in the beginning and he INSISTED on getting the blasted gun, resulting in his family and several others,including the old man, to get hurt in one way or another. If only he had listened, things would have probably played out better for them. Like you said before: When he said not to dig, it could have easily be meant as "don't throw away your childhood." Because getting that gun already meant he was ridding himself of his innocence and becoming an adult in the face of war.

Also, seeing the old man like that, burned and probably immobile, was basicaly a result of what happened to the village. (is that what its called? I'm just gonna call it that) and knowing how the Russian's worked during World War II, there was a good chance that they were worst than the Germans. So that had to mean that not only was the village destroyed, for the lack of a better word, but they probably made a game of slaughtering and torturing the villagers. Like the old man said, they laughed as he was burning and screaming, pleading, begging for them to just kill him and end his misery.

This goes back to how he said not to dig. Maybe if the kid had listened, all of this could have been prevented, or atleast post-poned.

Aniesa

Back to top Go down

Post  noemi l. Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 pm

The old guy seemed to have blamed him, so I agree. Now Florya wears guilt like shackles on his feet, he tumbles and struggles as he is trying to stand but he can't. He is thinks that this is his fault because he did get the gun, and he didn't die with his family. He probably wishes he did. But its too late now. Maybe someone was to see florya find the gun, and the old man was scared of that. So maybe that's why he blamed him

noemi l.

Back to top Go down

Post  michael perry Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:16 pm

noemi l. wrote:The old guy seemed to have blamed him, so I agree. Now Florya wears guilt like shackles on his feet, he tumbles and struggles as he is trying to stand but he can't. He is thinks that this is his fault because he did get the gun, and he didn't die with his family. He probably wishes he did. But its too late now. Maybe someone was to see florya find the gun, and the old man was scared of that. So maybe that's why he blamed him
I agree with this!

michael perry

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony V Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:31 pm

I agree that the villager blamed him for this, but I also kind of feel like he was meant to find the gun. I think that wether or not he found the gun the village would have still been over run and everyone still would have died. I think that now that he has seen what happened to his family and others that he will finally do something with the gun. Yes I still think that he is blamed for what haappened, but now that he didn't die he will defend himself and others to help repay his village.

Tony V

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum