Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbolism (DOG)

5 posters

Go down

Symbolism (DOG) Empty Symbolism (DOG)

Post  Joselle S Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:32 pm

I believe that the dog dying was a symbol of something. I just can't really see it clearly yet, but when the dog was digging through the ground and the guy caught him and shoo-ed him. It was kind of showing that some of the guy touches dies. I'm not really sure if thats what it is, but im sure the dog digging meant something. Like death of something or someone.

Joselle S

Back to top Go down

Symbolism (DOG) Empty The dog

Post  Ashley Pikowski Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 pm

I agree, and I also feel like the dog was up to something when he was digging in the flowers and the creepy guy pushed him away. Then they find him dead.

Ashley Pikowski

Back to top Go down

Symbolism (DOG) Empty Re: Symbolism (DOG)

Post  Amanda Hoeller Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm

I think that when the dog was digging he found something that Thorwald burried and this mad him mad so he killed the dog.

Amanda Hoeller

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony V Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:18 am

I also agree with believing that the dog found something when it was digging. I think that he didn't seem mad at the dog for digging because he didn't want to make a big deal about in front of everyone and so he might have killed the dog so he didn't have to worry about it digging anymore.

Tony V

Back to top Go down

Symbolism (DOG) Empty Relating back to tv

Post  Miranda H Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 am

I believe one of the biggest thing with the dog scene is it all happened when Jeffries wasn't "watching tv" also known as looking out the window. It makes me think of when people are trying to talk to you while you're watching something and you're like "hold on hold in in gonna miss something!" We'll he did miss something. And just like tv before dvr technology, that one detail in a show or movie can change everything. He would have had so many more details and maybe even answers had he not been distracted.

Miranda H

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum