Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

2 posters

Go down

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY Empty THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

Post  danielavillalon Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:37 pm

I agree with the theory and believe that his rear window symbolizes a television. Jeffries has been locked up in his house for weeks and has become greatly interested in his neighbors' lives, just like one can become greatly interested with a show. We all have our own guilty pleasures and his is viewing his neighbors' actions. He has become obsessed with the life of others that he has forgotten about his own. He has a perfect woman that is in love with him, but he is too in love with what his neighbors' are doing. Judging from the guys I know today, they wouldn't hesitate if a gorgeous woman was throwing herself at them. But Jeffries is too caught up in his own world that he does not seem to care so much about his relationship. Not only that, but because he has been watching them all for so long, he has also studied them. From their actions, he has learned a lot about his neighbors. We don't know if before the accident he ever even spoke to any of them. So suddenly he knows so much more from viewing them than actually conversing with them.

danielavillalon

Back to top Go down

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY Empty RE: THIS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

Post  Katie Alanis Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:50 pm

I Also agree that Mr. Jeffrey seems to be more focused on his neighbors life then his own personal life. However, it could also be that maybe he uses his neighbors lives as kind of an escape of his own, but also guidance. To elaborate, an example would be how he looks at the older married couple, who seems to always argues and bicker, as another reason why he shouldn't marry Lisa.

Katie Alanis

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum