Mr. Hart's Cinema Studies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assignment 2

3 posters

Go down

Assignment 2 Empty Assignment 2

Post  Jerry L Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 pm

The Garden of Eden comes together in a coming-of-age process that culminates with the ultimate discovery of vulnerability. A small child does not possess the capabilities of knowing rights and wrongs on a small level. They put things in their mouths, they break things, and they throw tantrums, not understanding the effect it has on people, which in all of these cases is a negative one. When Eve accepted that she was going to eat the apple, she had no idea what adverse effects would bestow themselves upon her, as she believed there was nothing wrong with eating the apple. She was unable to fathom that the snake would lie to her on purpose, and that she was vulnerable, even susceptible to the lies that were being told to her, and she unknowingly did what the snake did to her, to Adam, still thinking that there was nothing wrong. Coming-of-age is about a person over time opening their mind to know of fallacies and lies and things that are wrong in the world, and being able to accept them and subconsciously avoid them, something that Adam and Eve were unable to do until post-Apple.

Jerry L

Back to top Go down

Assignment 2 Empty Re: Assignment 2

Post  Ben Hart Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:21 am

I think this is an interesting point. A child is especially vulnerable to deceit. To some extent, then, a parent should remove some of the sheltering, lest their kid get snatched up by a mustachiod man driving a van.

Ben Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael J Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:53 pm

I don't think it always has to do with parents sheltering the children. It sometimes I think has to do with that the children just do not understand what is going on.

Michael J

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down