The Soldier that Threw the Pinecone

Go down

The Soldier that Threw the Pinecone

Post  Miranda H on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:21 am

In the beginning of the movie, when the kids were digging in the sand, they hid from passing soldiers and Florya got hit with a pinecone. I'm not sure if Mr.Hart mentioned this in his other class, but he said something about not being sure whether the soldier saw Florya or not. I saw that as an "I see you but I'm not going to waste my time with you" kind of action. Why kill a little boy when he could lead you to where everyone else is? This brings me to the next idea that Florya was actually the cause of the raid of his village. Not only did they go through his village but they also passed through where he and Glasha were hiding in the forest. Mr.Hart also stated that the Germans would often bomb an area right before they did their sweep by foot. Is it really a coincidence that the Nazis always end up right behind him? I think that pinecone was the warning symbol of the change that was coming to his life.

Miranda H

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Soldier that Threw the Pinecone

Post  Michelle Lyn Luna on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:32 am

Wait, has he gotten hit with a pinecone twice? I can only recall him getting hit in the forest. That's the scene Mr. Hart mentioned to my class, not on the beach. why are there pinecones on the beach? But if this has happened on the beach and thus multiple times, it's definitely worth investigating further.
Even so, I don't know how much I'd find it 'coincidence' that the Nazis are always there. It's the Nazi invasion, I just sorta imagine the Nazis everywhere, including wherever Florya ends up being.

Michelle Lyn Luna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miranda H on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 am

The timing is just so coincidental if it weren't to be related. I think timing is a huge theme in the movie. Florya is always one step ahead of death.

Miranda H

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down