darkness and light

Go down

darkness and light

Post  Michael J on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 pm

Like other movie we have watched I feel like darkness represents evil. the reason i came to this conclusion for this movie is because Lars Thorwald always does bad thing is the dark of during night time. He kill the dog during night time. He set up he plan to make it seem like his wife was still alive in the middle of the night, so no one could tell that the women he took to the train station was not his wife. He also attacked both Lisa and Mr. Jefferies in the dark. i also feel like the flash bulbs that Mr. Jefferies used represent that he is a good and modest person who is trying to do what is best for the neighborhood.

Michael J

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: darkness and light

Post  Katie Alanis on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:11 am

I also feel that the colors of black and white had a symbolic meaning. In the begging of the movie it seems that Mr. Jeffries' is ashamed of himself for a couple reasons. One being that he feels that he does not think he is good enough for Lisa. A scene in particular where it shows him in the dark, as if he does not want to be scene, and then Lisa shows up. She then proceeds to go around the room and turn all four lights on, why not just turn on one? To me that hinted that she was okay being scene with him, but he was not. However, that was not the only scene that showed him in a dark settings. There were multiple scenes of Jeffries shot in a dark lighting, possibly to symbolically reference him trying to hide himself, or even his shame and guilt for spying on his neighbors.

Katie Alanis

View user profile

Back to top Go down